So I found this interesting picture in the internet recently. It was originally posted by someone in reddit but reddit is blocked in my country, so technically I took it from google. Thanks for anyone who post this illustration of what’s inside the brain of ENTP. Thus, I will try to elaborate how accurate is the illustration to my own mind because, I am an ENTP anyway!
Normally, people start from the biggest part, the most dominant. Per contra, I will start from that small red part at the bottom.
Grumpy Thoughts About Everything
Grumpy sounds bad but sadly it is true, at least for me. ENTPs, including me, sometimes see the world as a miserable place. After all, it is called as ‘grumpy thoughts’, so I do not always utter it. Instead, I often just grumble inside my mind, and stay calmly cool outside. There are some grumpy thoughts which commonly hit my mind in several situations.
- Durian smells bad. Moreover it is more suitable to be used as a melee weapon. Just look at those spikes!
- Some females in my country need driving lessons. They turn on the left turning signals and start taking over from the right side of the road.
- What’s the point of sticking family stickers with everyone’s name on the rear part of car? You love your family? No.. you try to attract kidnappers.
- Kids fashion show is a total exploitation. They ain’t doll.
- Smokers who smoke in public places should swallow the whole smoke ..And the cigar butt as well.
The list won’t over if I continue. Anyhow, we are NOT carried by grumpy thoughts all the time. It only hits our mind when we have a bad mood or something goes really bad.
Just Smile and Say Yes so They Do not Realize You are not Listening
That green part explains how ENTPs think about other people’s feeling. It is difficult for me to focus and it is so easy to distract me. Thus, when I smile and say yes while I have no idea about what people are talking about, I never mean it. I am just simply get distracted by something else. Another possibility is an introvert thinker problem: I am busy with my own thoughts. However, no worries! I will listen more carefully once it comes to something serious.
I disagree with this one. This part, for me, does not work as it should be. My thought about myself is more likely sarcastic and grumpy (I know that red small at the bottom should be bigger) than narcissistic. When someone throw me a cheesy compliment saying how cool I am that day or I look fresher or blah blah blah, my response are usually snappy yet funny.
- I know right? I am cool! Sometimes I think Sub-Zero is my ancestor. Ha-ha.
- Yeah, finally I am no longer zombie. Fresh and lively!
At least, they usually laugh.
Critical thinking is ENTPs special trait. I couldn’t agree more with this. Moreover, thinking critically about myself is something that I do almost all the time. Thinking about my weaknesses, things that I have done, things that I haven’t done, my purposes, my dreams, things that I have to improve, my existence and the one that I hate, my death. I think everywhere and anytime randomly. Toilet, during a movie, in the middle of teaching, on my way to somewhere, under a tree and when eating are several self-critical thinking sessions that I have almost everyday.
This one is my favorite. Besides thinking about self-improvement and contemplating existence, impossible thoughts and phantasies are what I imagine all the time.There will be endless list so I will choose some most intriguing thoughts of mine.
- According to the holy books and history books, people in the past live longer than now. What if they actually didn’t live any longer than us? Their hundreds year old age was caused by shorter period of time, which means our Earth rotated and revolved around the Sun faster in the past. What if we get slower?
- Still related to thought number one, If it gets slower by the time, will our Earth stop rotating and revolving later? What if it is not only happening to Earth but the whole galaxy?
- In the past, touch screen was part of science fiction. What if what we categorize as science fiction now is going to be scientific in the distant future?
- Talking about sci-fi, what if someone has built time machine in the future but he/she failed on his/her first attempt when traveling to the past and trapped there till the end of his/her life?
- Our age is relative based on what calendar do we use. I might be younger, or older than I should be.
Puns and Jokes
- Can eel and eagle hang out? No because It’s eel-eagle!
- I think vampire won’t ever hunt Taylor Swift, because she has bad blood.
I can relate this. Puns and jokes are something that randomly and sometimes unconsciously come out of nowhere. However, it does not always work. Sometimes I am not sure if my joke is cheesy or people do not really get it or the situation is not right. In spite of the possibility of failing, ENTPs are natural random pun machine. Wait, is that why I adore Deadpool so much?
Credible Bullshits and Real Arguments
Why do I combined them? When an ENTP is involved in a debate, which he obviously enjoy, he will mix his real arguments with bunch of reliable hogwash. ENTPs are resourceful and witty. Their Introverted thinking allows them to develop and improve information that they have into multiple arguments and … bullshits. Reliable one, though. Therefore, debating and being involved in an argument are several things that an ENTP enjoys the most. Sometimes, those rascals trigger the argument or the worse one: they debate themselves with credible bullshits and real arguments.
Imaginary and Fictional Problems VS Real Problems
I couldn’t agree more. I sometimes worry more fictional problems like robot apocalypse and alien abductions rather than my real problems in my REAL life.Angry boss? Annoying colleague? Grumpy crush? Broken stuffs? Sure those will ruin my day but I will quickly move on and find solutions for each. On the other hand, thinking about serial killers, mutated animals, super genius hackers who will creep into my systems and other phantasies will freak me out more. I think this imaginary fictional problems part is highly related with the ‘What If…’ part. They form strong relationship and occupy my brain with random intriguing thoughts about something that actually do not exist, distracting me to slowly forget my real problems. My brain betrays me!
Anyway, it also brings some benefits to me. My thoughts is full of fictional scenarios complete with the characters. I am going to write a story soon enough. Maybe in another blog.
Alcohol and Coffee
Well I do not drink alcohol but coffee.. Nothing is better than black coffee with no sugar in the morning, especially the local one. Starbucks favorite? Pitch black Americano, sometimes the iced one.
Interesting Ideas and Projects (Later)
As I have told you previously, ENTPs are resourceful. We often pop up with incredible ideas and plans about projects but we often too lazy to start and end up procrastinating. In my case, it is more disturbing. I have the idea but I am lazy to start then several hours later, I will worry about having not enough time to finish everything while I am still too lazy to start. Just like the one that I have mentioned above, the story. I said that I will start soon enough but here, I will spell it to you: I DON’T KNOW WHEN TO START.
Well, enough confessing for now. Please share if you experience the same. Catch you later!
Picture Credit: Reddit